Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Legacy of a Post

In trying to decide what to post for my first Blog entry, I tried to come up with something worldly and profound. Then I realized I was neither worldly or profound! Kind of a sad but amusing revelation. I thought what are Blogs really for and what would I like it to be for me. I'm not sure how it is for any of you, but I would like it to be reflections of my life and the legacy that I strive to leave behind for my friends and mostly for my family.

Merriam-Webster defines legacy as "2 : something transmitted by or received from an ancestor or predecessor or from the past" For me, the key word was "past". I wanted my kids to know things before I died. I wanted people to feel what I feel, not what I felt. I wanted to share the moments in my life that would be "living" legacy and not a legacy of regret or disappointment. I don't profess to be a scholar, philosopher or even poet. But I do feel that I would like to leave this Blog as a Legacy. A Legacy for my Family, for my friends and for me . . .

A Legacy of a Post.

Many Blessings to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment