Thursday, January 21, 2010

Become Who Your Supposed to Become

Several years ago my daughter was deciding which college to attend. She narrowed it down to our State college and Oregon State. She had come to me for advise. I got a little choked up, daddy's girl had grown up and was leaving home. She was my "little" girl and really didn't know what advise to give her.
Mmmmm, State College, 25 minute flight away or Oregon 5 hour flight and 2 hour drive away. We talked about her concerns. Her biggest worry was being away from family. I explained to her that family will always be there no matter what the distance. I told her that if she stayed here she would be my daughter, mom's daughter, Grandma's grand-daughter, etc., but if she went away to Oregon, she would grow and become the person that she is supposed to be. We had raised her to make the right decisions and now was the time that we trust her to be that person.
Well she graduated and now lives in Oregon. She just visited for the holidays and she has grown so much as a beautiful person. I can't even explain how happy and proud I am of her. Being away allowed her to make her own decisions based on what she thought was right.
She had become who she was supposed to become.

Many blessings to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment